Tuesday, August 18, 2015

It's Been A While...

So it's been a while since I posted and well things are what they are. Alyssa will by 5 in December and it seems that time has flown by. Tony turned 14 in June and that freaks me out even more. We took Lys in for EEK testing to see if she was ready for Kindergarten and while she is great in her cognitive abilities her motor skills are severely lacking. A lot of this has to do with the fact that her dad is handicapped. He has had a pretty severe back injury since the 80's and moves with caution and can't do a lot physically. Alyssa has picked that up so jumping and running are a bit stunted. We are getting her tested again and then we'll see if we can get her into free preschool.

I was doing research on preschools in the area and it is expensive. There is one close to our home that charges $10K a year. That is like a semester at college anymore. I understand wanting to give your child a leg up and to help them excel but seriously? I just want my girl to be around kids and to have a great experience. She is already talking about her first day of school and is dying to go so it will be a month from the time the testing place receives her app until they schedule her testing but it will be worth it.

All in all things on my end are ok. I struggle daily with living with a physically handicapped person who has a very serious mental illness that stems from the pain of the physical injury. There are days when little things can set him off and then there are long stretches where we are pretty good. We are in a bad stretch as of yesterday due to outside entities messing with some financial issues which have put him in severe panic mode and with a lot of suicidal ideology. This puts stress on me and on the midget and I can already tell that there is going to a good three or four days when I won't be eating or sleeping much based on the stress. Thankfully I work with amazing people and have some pretty awesome friends but still, the stress brings on tears for no reason. I can't cry in front of the midget because she begins to cry too and I can't have that. I try not to let her know that I am hurting but sometimes it happens. In any case, this too shall pass.

I will try and keep you updated as far as the midgets progress and with any funny stories she presents me.

Take care

1 comment:

  1. It is this type of interesting thing with this post of yours. I had been interested with all the topic along with the flow in the story. Keep up to date the truly amazing work.
    Car rentals Mumbai

    ReplyDelete